Friday, June 24, 2022

Pecute Dog Cooling Vest Harness: Best Cooling Vest For Humid Weather

Our team spent time reviewing the Pecute Dog Cooling Vest Harness and you’ll find our in-depth complete review results in this article below!

The sun is shining so brightly in the middle of the afternoon and you’re worried about taking your dog outside in the oppressive heat and humidity.

Unfortunately, you haven’t taken your dog for a walk all day, so she has to get outside to go to the bathroom, if anything, but she'll undoubtedly benefit by getting her some exercise as well.

Right now, you can continue to worry about overdoing it by bringing your dog out into the blistering sun. Or, you can take steps to keep your pup safe and protected on tortuously hot summer days.

How so?

It’s easier than you think. You can choose to use the Best Dog Cooling Vest for Humid Weather, just like the one called Pecute Dog Cooling Vest Harness that I’m about to tell you about in greater detail in a moment.

Before getting started, I’d like to tell you a little more about my process. I decided to review six different dog cooling vests at the same time. I tested and analyzed them and judged them based on five different categories. They include:

  • Ease of Putting On & Taking Off
  • Safety
  • Cooling Effectiveness
  • Overall Design
  • Sizing

Now, I’d like to share the results of my experiment with you today. I’ll tell you how well the Pecute Dog Cooling Vest Harness performed in each category and I’ll tell you how it compared to the other 5 products that I analyzed and reviewed as well.

Continue reading to find out more.

pecute dog cooling vest harness

Related article: Best Dog Cooling Vests

Our Verdict: Pecute Dog Cooling Vest Harness

I quickly concluded that the Pecute Dog Cooling Vest Harness is the Best Dog Cooling Vest for Humid Weather before I even took it out of the package. And I can say with absolute certainty that my initial instincts were correct because this product is hands-down the best in this particular category.

First of all, most dog owners are afraid to try a new vest because they fear they’re going to have a difficult time putting it on their dog and taking it off again. If your dog is fussy and uncooperative, you have nothing to worry about because mine is too, yet I never have trouble putting it on or taking it off whatsoever.

Safety is another issue entirely, but I don’t mean to make that sound negative or scary. I think this is also one of the safest dog cooling vests on the market right now. I didn’t give it the highest score, which you learn about below, but I believe that it’s far above average in the area of safety.

As far as cooling effectiveness is concerned, I can say with certainty that this vest has kept my dog cool. Was it the best one that I reviewed and analyzed? No, but it excelled in this area nonetheless and it was certainly one of my top picks.

You might be wondering about the overall design? It’s an important category to consider when purchasing a vest of this type. I did notice minor design flaws that I’ll go into greater detail about below, but in actuality, I still think the overall design is incredible even though it ended up receiving the lowest score in this category. Read more about it in the Analysis, Comparisons, and Test Results section below.

In the final category, sizing, I was enamored and impressed with this amazing dog cooling vest. This was my favorite vest in this category because the sizing couldn’t have gone more perfectly than it did. I followed the size chart and received exactly what I was looking for once the vest was delivered to my doorstep.

Overall Score: 92 out of 100

Our Analysis, Comparisons & Test Results

I took it upon myself to take the time to analyze and test 6 different dog cooling vests to determine the best one on the market at the moment. Things are only subject to change and new products will eventually come out, so I will eventually have to update this in the future. 

But for now, just know that during my testing phase, I learned that the Pecute Dog Cooling Vest Harness did exceptionally well in all five categories.

How do I test and analyze these products?

Simply put, I determine the five most important categories for each product and then I see how well each cooling vest performs per category. Then they analyze my results, compare them to the other cooling vests that I’m testing, and figure out how each performed on a scale of 0-100, with 100 being the best and 0 being the lowest possible score.

Find out the category results by continuing below.

golden retriever walking with pecute dog cooling vest harness on

Pecute Dog Cooling Vest Harness FAQs:

Does The Pecute Dog Cooling Vest Harness Have The Capability Of Being Attached To A Dog Leash?

Many dog owners rightfully wonder if they’ll be able to attach their dog leash directly to the cooling Vest Harness. Since it’s strapped onto the dog, it makes sense that they put a D ring or loop on the harness that you can attach a D ring to.

Unfortunately, when the manufacturer designed the Pecute Dog Cooling Vest Harness, they did not give the ability to attach a dog leash to it. So, this isn’t going to be an option.

Please note that it is still easy enough to put a collar on your dog while he or she is wearing this particular dog cooling vest. The vest isn’t going to get in the way of its regular collar, so you should have no trouble putting it on before taking your dog for a walk.

Was The Pecute Dog Cooling Vest Harness Designed For Larger Dogs?

I guess it depends on your definition of a larger dog. The largest size is XL. This breaks down to neck size of 22 – 28.3 inches, a chest size of 31.5 – 39.4 inches, and a back length of 17.7 inches.

If your dog is larger than any of these measurements, then Pecute Dog Cooling Vest Harness isn’t going to be the best choice. It would unfortunately be a bit too small for your dog if it doesn’t fit this particular sizing structure.

It would have made sense for Pecute to add larger sizes including XXL or XXXL for larger dogs. And on the opposite side of the coin, they could have added an XS for smaller dogs as well. Maybe they’ll eventually begin selling a wider variety of sizes in the future.

How Does The Pecute Dog Cooling Vest Harness Work?

The Pecute Dog Cooling Vest Harness uses two different strategies to keep dogs cool on hot and humid summer days. And is very effective at both options.

For starters, before putting the vest on your dog, you need to soak it in cool water ahead of time. Make sure the water is cool to the touch. After soaking the vest for five minutes, take it out of the basin or receptacle and thoroughly ring out all of the excess water.

Next, put the dog cooling Harness on your dog’s back and secure the Velcro straps around the neck and chest/belly area.

The water soaking the vest is the most important part of the cooling process. The sun will begin to evaporate the water in the vest, which in turn will draw heat out of your dog effectively cooling it down in the process. This is safe, ingenious, and very healthy for your dog on a hot summer’s day when the humidity is hard to handle.

The other way that the Pecute Dog Cooling Vest Harness protects against heat is via the reflective surface. Believe it or not, this cooling vest can reflect the heat with UPF 50+ sun protection. It also has UV body protection as well, which will minimize the effects of the sun on hot days during the summer months.

This vest is a great choice for your dog while walking, camping, or hiking on a sunny day.

small fluffy dog walking with pecute dog cooling vest harness on

Our Final Verdict: Pecute Dog Cooling Vest Harness

I’d like to thank you for spending part of your day reading through the testing and analysis that I performed on the Pecute Dog Cooling Vest Harness and 5 others for dogs. This information is important because you need to keep your dog safe and cool during the hot summer months, and using one of these vests is always a great idea to help cut down on excessive heat and the potential for each stroke.

I determined that the Pecute Dog Cooling Vest Harness is the Best Dog Cooling Vest for Humid Weather and I stand by my original statement. It does a phenomenal job deflecting the heat with the reflective surface and it also does a great job of pulling the heat from your dog’s body with evaporative cooling technology.

Some of the main points to know about this dog cooling vest include:

  • I found it easy enough to put on and take off my dog. There was a slight struggle at times, but ultimately it wasn’t too difficult at all.
  • It seems like a safe enough cooling vest. Although on smaller dogs, you must be careful when adjusting the upper strapped near the neck. If you pull it too tightly, it could restrict airflow and create breathing problems for your pooch.
  • I felt that this vest did a great job as far as cooling effectiveness is concerned. Not only does it block the heat, but it also uses evaporative technology to draw heat directly from the dog’s body and it works well.
  • The overall design was pretty good, although I have concerns about the Velcro straps that I mentioned above. I also wasn’t fond of the fact that the sizing options were limited to S-XL. They did not offer capital XS-XXL or larger sizes, which is a slight disappointment.
  • I felt that the Pecute Dog Cooling Vest Harness was phenomenal as far as sizing accuracy is concerned. The measurements fit perfectly with my dog, so I assume the measurements will be perfectly accurate for all available sizes.

While our team loves the Pecute Dog Cooling Vest Harness, you may want to check some of the others we reviewed that also scored highly! Click the links below to check them out:

https://www.furryfriendsgear.com/pecute-dog-cooling-vest-harness/?feed_id=196&_unique_id=62b5ec5b87768

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best Cat Window Perches: Full Review Of Today’s Top Products

Cat owners can always agree on two constants: Cats love to soak up the sunshine while sitting in a window Cats love jumping up on hig...